/*NSG-M2*/ /*NSG-M2*/

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So much to tell you!

I've been away for a few days, but I have been so busy with Little Miss and with the boys getting ready for end-of-term tests that I didn't make the time to post. I have been busy squeezing in some reading of your blogs, but I haven't always been able to comment. Everything should sort itself back out this week though! Since I have so many things I want to share with you, I thought I'd just let them tumble out here.

The Flu
The Flu is (hopefully) gone from my house. I say hopefully because M didn't want to do his swishing with salt water last week when he had a sore throat and I'm watching him closely just in case. Little Miss is all better now, save for a bit of a lingering cough when she's all excited. Her fever finally broke on Wednesday last, and she started eating again by Friday. She laughed her first hearty laughs and giggles on Sunday, and I had a ball tickling her and revelling in that laughter again!

But the proof she's back to her old self - she bit anyone who got in her way last night! Basically if she felt your presence was annoying her, she laid down a bite. And it wasn't just her brothers that got it! That child had the nerve to BITE ME AND PULL MY HAIR! Well I don't have to tell you that bedtime came immediately after that one...

Business
My regular readers will know that I recently started my own business, after being laid off in April. So I'm doing my IT consultancy, and that's fine for now. But I can't expect this contract to go on forever, and if I'm doing this, I'm making sure I have a solid base clientele. So, starting next week.... I have a new employee joining me! She has worked with me in the past, and she's a sweetheart. I've been chasing down some business opportunities and things look fairly promising (don't want to jinx anything). The opportunities are out there, but the timing.... Keep praying for me people!

Tentative Steps
I've only been blogging for about 3 months, so there's still lots I haven't told you about me (just you wait!) One of those things is that I'm not just a mom, I'm a step-mom. (La Belle Mere is now understanding my compassion to the step-mother role). I have 3 step-children that don't live with me, but they come visit. I don't talk about them on my blog, because I wouldn't feel comfortable without their mother's permission. The youngest was 2 when I first met him, and he's such a sweet kid. I potty trained him before I potty trained my own, and we've been pals for about 10 years now.

Early on he told his mom that he wished I was his mom, and I can only imagine that he did it in the most innocent way not intending any condemnation of his own mother. I will never know how much that must have hurt her, but I imagine it must feel a little bit like someone ripping your heart out. I've been ultra-careful not to cross any lines.

Sometime this year he was visiting, and we went out with the intention of buying me a new guitar (my first NEW guitar). There was no parking, so my husband was going to have to make a spin and come back for us. We went in together and we picked one out, and I taught him a little about them. And I thought nothing of it.

Fast forward some months to last Friday. His father tells me with a serious face that he got a call from the child's mother to say that there is something very specific he wants for his birthday. He wants a guitar. And lessons. From me.

And there's a part 2 to the request. He wants to spend Christmas with us for the first time ever.

I didn't expect it, but boy the tears came flooding. Apparently he's been talking about this since the day we went to the store, and he has his heart set on it. The fact that this came from his mom, with her blessing, was major for me. My heart is still full with the news, and I'm tearing up just telling you about it here.

Today is his birthday and I want to wish him a very very Happy Birthday, and to let him know just how much he is loved. :-)

Hugs sweetie.



10 comments:

A Mother Always said...

Here's to children, the more the merrier.. they certainly brighten up life..
God Bless
BM

Theta Mom said...

I am so glad the flu is gone from your house! Yay for that! And YAY that I can comment on your blog!!! I am using another computer right now, with IE 7. Go figure!!! So happy I can freakin leave a comment! (((HUGS))))

Michelle said...

That is so special about your stepson!!! I have 3 myself so I understand how huge it is!

And I pray things go well with your business!

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh, it makes me so happy that you are all doing well.

The stepson story is lovely.

Unknown said...

Your blog is just the cutest! I was so intrigued by your title I had to come and check it out. It's so fun! Saying hi from SITS! Keep it up, have a good one!

Unknown said...

It's not letting me follow you ......today at least for some weird reason. I'll be back!

stephanie said...

how sweet! well, the guitar and stepson-love, at least. not so much the biting and hair pulling. :)

Nicolasa said...

Oh man I sure hope that the flu is gone from your house!

TornadoTwos said...

I love your stepson story, how sweet!

The Black Sheep said...

As a step-child, I had chills reading this! How very special that your stepson made that decision. I am so happy for your family. May it be a holiday you'll never forget!!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails