I am so happy that you had a lovely restful night's sleep and woke up in a great mood. You know... when Mummy's eyes are closed and the room is dark like that... well that's called sleepy time. When we sleep. And no, Mummy would not like to sample that little red toy you've been chewing on. But thanks! You're such a generous child. :-)
And you know, when I put my face closer to your crib, I was trying to reassure you that I was close. Unlike you - I was not trying to wiggle to wake myself up. I'm sorry if that made you think it was Peekaboo time. Poking me in the eye was really unnecessary. As was lobbing that squeaky toy at my head. And when I tossed back your squeaky toy into your crib. I reaaally wasn't trying to initiate a game of toss with you. Sorry for the misunderstanding. We're gonna have to work on those non-verbal cues!
Dear Firstborn Son.
I apologize on behalf of your sister for her calling your name repeatedly at such high volume this early morning. She was under the sadly mistaken impression that playtime begins when she opens her eyes. I hope you have learned the lesson that peeking to check on her only turns the volume up. You need to practice what Mummy does - shut your eyes really tight, and keep them that way. :-) Don't worry - you'll learn...
Dear Middle Boy.
I'm so sorry that your sister woke you up. I did at that point roll out of bed to have a little chat with her check on her. I'm not sure whether you thought I was finally making good on my threat of running away and hiding, but I kinda hope that's what you thought. Cos otherwise - hijacking my spot on the bed.... that's just mean.
Dear God.
Thank you for making these babies so cute. Cos otherwise... Well, let's just say I might begin to understand how some animals fast-track the learning to teach their young survival and send them out into the world so soon. :-)












8 comments:
lol.. I love posts of letters to kids, they always make for great blog. :)
I love this post =) and the title of your blog....I ask myself all the time, "how did I become my grandmother"? (she raised me, LOL)
I love your letters to your kids. We have trouble with non-verbal cues at my house too.
Love it! It will be great for your kids to read all your posts when they get older.
Love your blog!
I have an award for you on my site (-:
Melyssa
mrsblogalot.com
Very cute. Hope you get some sleep soon.
xo
HOW SWEET AND FUNNY! STOPPING BY FROM SITS!I AM A FOLLOWER TOO
YOUR CHILDREN ARE PRECIOUS
Post a Comment