17.08.09
Today I started work again. Yay!
Today I started work again, for me!
I started my own company and today I signed my first major contract. I am so excited.
They wanted me to start immediately, so I went into the office started the exploratory phase of the project, and at 4pm I left the office. Before I was laid off, on the rare occasion when I left the office at 4pm shocked co-workers would ask me if I realized that the sun was still up. Because I was always at the office. And it felt like I was always working. I'd feel guilty for leaving early and rush home.
I left at 4, and I met my husband. We met up with friends and chatted animatedly in public for ages guilt-free. We shopped for school supplies and drifted around the mall sans-kids, we picked up said kids from daycare, and still got home with lots of sunshine playtime left!
I'm working from home today and tomorrow. I started a draft proposal at 3am in pajamas while my kiddies slept. Instead of rushing to work, we woke and had a leisurely breakfast.
Why didn't I do this sooner?
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












7 comments:
Congratulations! Having a job that will give you more time at home with the kids and more flexibility is a huge blessing. Good luck!
what a fun little treat to read your blog...
and feel extremely jealous of those fabulous beach pictures...
and extremely grateful that my ER visit with my child involved only a raisin and not a pair of dogs i'd ultimately hunt down and shoot with a shotgun if they ever did that to my child. :)
YES!!! You're living the dream!
I LOVE the flexibility of having my own business. THe hard part is that when you get super busy the sleep department begins to suffer.
But being so available to be there for the kids is a huge bonus.
How great that you get to start your own business! It sounds great! So glad you were able to do this! :)
That is really cool! yeah for you!!!!
Working from home is awesome. I did after my daughter was born and loved it. Now blogging is my work at home job.
Post a Comment