/*NSG-M2*/ /*NSG-M2*/

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Downtime

I had no internet access yesterday thanks to my ISP breaking down, which also left us without cable. So no Tuesday post from me... I know yall missed me! :-)

The kids were sick and I stayed with them, thinking what a rotten day for cable to be out. I was sure that they would be whining for it non-stop.

But a funny thing happened. They didn't miss it. They pulled out some activities they hadn't used in forever, and they made up games, and they sometimes bounced off the walls (literally) but they had a BALL! When my husband got home, he showed them (or tried to show them) tricks with a yo-yo he learned as a child.

Little Miss and I watched with amusement, and she took a few first steps here and there when she wasn't paying attention and forgot to be scared. :-)
I wonder when she'll start walking for real. Very exciting stuff.

I'm always threatening to cut the cable because they just seem to gravitate in front of the idiot box and get glued there until I shake them loose. This could be a good thing - I kinda hope the stupid ISP/cable company breaks down more often!

PS - New post up on my Asperger's blog.

4 comments:

Mayhem and Moxie said...

Such a good reminder to us all! We really can live without TV and be much happier for it.

Thanks for such a great post!

roadrunner201 said...

We slowly weaned ourselves off of cable recently;-) We don't really miss it, either. It is amazing what you can get done when there are not 100 channels calling your name.

Sharon said...

Isn't that the truth? All the things that you 're-discover' when the TV is off. And now at the risk of you thinking I'm a looney tune or something... We haven't had a TV in five years. We just watch movies and listen to the radio for the news.

But the internet... that's a MUST have for me! I would go bonkers without that!

Hope you have a great day!

Claudya Martinez said...

We have no cable and I'm not sorry at all. Anything we want we can eventually watch through Netflix and my husband would never stop watching TV if we had cable. Company looks at us a little strangely when we tell them we have not cable.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails