Yesterday was not my best day. The full enormity of this situation hit me and it felt like I was carrying the whole house on my back. I wanted to curl up in a corner and cry. And eventually I did. Which upset me even more, because I know I'm just feeling sorry for myself. Uggh. So I picked myself up, and I got myself busy doing lots and lots of nothing. Because I couldn't concentrate on getting anything significant done.
Little man had one of those crying spells again last night. He was frustrated and crying and none of us knew why. They are starting to get more frequent now. I didn't know what to do, so I just sat with him in my lap and hugged him and patted his back. Finally had an idea to show him this little Lullatone music video on YouTube that my mom had shared with me for the baby. It worked. Thanks Mom. :-)
On a cheerier note, baby girl is so entertaining to watch! It seems like she just grew a lot since her first birthday. It's like she crossed a border and went from baby to toddler. Even though she's technically not toddling yet.
She's so naughty though - she bit her poor brother (the oldest) on his nose AGAIN. This time she got put in her first time out. She was cool when she got out - played nice again. Kisses and everything. She reminds me of that rhyme -
There was a little girl
Who had a little curl
Right in the middle of her forehead
And when she was good
She was very very good
And when she was bad
She was horrid
Little Angel
Oh I have a favour to ask! Seeing that I have to raise some significant funds to continue with little man's assessment, I'm trying to win a contest to name a new wine coming to market. It has to be Italian-sounding and it has to be simple and welcoming. There's only one day left! If you have any creative suggestions, I'd love to hear them! Come one wine lovers - you know who you are!
Another book I'm reading on Autism: Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin





7 comments:
I wish you wouldn't take it so hard when you need a minute, a cry, or a breakdown yourself. You are dealing with SO much, and you, like all moms do, just push your needs away to deal with the needs of your family. I don't have the same challenges as you do, and I find when I have a minute to myself I often feel sad or upset. I can only imagine how I would feel if I wore your supermom cape everyday. You will get it. You will find what he needs. You will understand him more and more as time passes. Give yourself leeway. It is like anything else, if one member of a family is dealing with something, you all are.
I hope you are having a much better day today. I hate those "one of those"
days.
Your little girl sounds a lot like mine right now!
We don't have biting, yet, but we do have slaps!
Come sei Bella.....
How beautiful you are.
Let yourself curl up and cry and don't feel bad for it for a second. It is good for you to feel your feelings. There is a lot going on for you right now and it is only natural for you to feel this overwhelmed. I will continue to think about you. Hang in there.
I think we all need a good cry every now and then. Don't beat yourself up about it. Take some time out just for you.
Your daughter sounds just like mine. She's been biting us lately. I've tried everything to stop her.
Felicita
Alegria
Saluti
Amistad
Festa
Carma
Cin Cin!
Rapporto
Coraggio
So Sorry for all that you're dealing with now. Know that things will get and feel better. Hang in there.....I know you will all be just fine :)
(typing while I listen to the video)
Your son sounds amazing, and you are amazing for all you have done, and for realizing that you need help. I hope the assessment helps guide you in the right direction.
Post a Comment