/*NSG-M2*/ /*NSG-M2*/

Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday's Muse - Progress

This song has been playing in my head for the past few days. I thought I'd use it for Flashback Friday this week, but the truth is that it's not a flashback for most of you. :-)

This is a calypso performed by King Austin in 1980 but it is timeless. And the lyrics seem hauntingly relevant today.

In a day when we can witness greed embraced and justified! Without a second thought for those for whom the rolling impact of that greed is a sentence of lost homes and lost retirement... When I see that places like this that make life a little better, are gone. Along with the generational history they proudly carried. Because we wanted more of some intangible, unsustainable and ultimately TEMPORARY earthly reward. When does common sense and integrity prevail?



To see the lyrics, click here.

This is a part of Cinnamon and Honey's Monday Muse meme.
Please check her out for more Monday Musings.

1581884212_57276dd550_o




468 x 60
By TwitterIcon.com

4 comments:

stephanie said...

very thought provoking... great post.

MotherhoodFilm said...

I like this verse:
It is plain to see universally this land is not bountiful as it was
Simply because in its quest for success
Nothing stands in man's way
Old rivers run dry, soon the birds wouldn't fly
The mountains will be no longer high
And when I really think of it
I does wonder why, oh why

Popping in from Twitter to let you know about my new movie about a Mommy Blogger! Follow me @MotherhoodFilm for chances to win tickets, prizes and more!

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

Thanks for sharing this. I just downloaded it onto my IPod. I'd never heard it before!

robin said...

Wow! I never heard this one before! I like! Very cool! Calypso always makes me feel like dancing next to the ocean with a frozen drink in my hand.
Great Muse! Thanks for joining up!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails