Well, it took me hours to try and choose a single favourite blogger to write about, and even then I never was able to settle on a single one. Each of you feeds a little bit of my soul. So instead I'm breaking the rules, and writing about more than one of my daily "must-reads". Besides, Mama Kat looks like she can relate to breakin a rule or two. ;-)
To Dumb Mom. I think you must secretly be one of my real-life friends hiding out in Bloggy World. You write what I'm thinking but would never say to people I don't know. I suspect you used to party at least as hard as I did in those pre-Mommy days. I make sure not to eat or drink while reading your blog because it's not fun for the people around me when I snort my drink out my nose from laughing so hard. Besides, you're the only other blogger I've seen with mixed brown kids like mine. (BTW they're very disappointed that the ninja playing BEP's Boom Boom Pow is gone.) Here's to you telling it as it is, with a generous dose of humour.
To Connie. One of these days I'm coming to the crap store with you and Mallory. I love that you don't take yourself too seriously and you have a great sense of humour. I know that one day the Connie Diaries will have to come to an end, but please tell me that day is in the far away future! I am convinced you have an angel on your shoulder, and I think that must say a lot about you. Your kids are lucky to have a mom who is as devoted to them as you are. Here's to you (big glass of wine raised).
To Momma Such. I only have two boys, but for those eight years before my little girl was born I feel like I can relate to you raising your 4 sons. There is always something going on when your house is full of these balls of energy, but you handle it with such grace. And you honestly get-down-on-the-floor-with-them-oh-my-gosh-is-that-a-worm enjoy your boys. I love that! Here's to being the lone female in a house of men.
To Nancy. Here's to you - so smart and so confident. Can I be you when I grow up? As strong as you are, your love for your son shows your tenderness. You are such a great mom and you give great advice! I admire you leaving the corporate world to start your own business, doing the family and career thing on your own terms. One day I'm gonna have a hot lookin blog like yours. Only... you might have to help me with it! :-)
To Unknown Mami. Here's to a strong Latina who speaks her mind and wears her heart on her sleeve. Thanks for taking me around the world every Sunday!
To Mrs. Scribe. I love to read your blog. You capture the beauty and mystery in life and living. And your students are so lucky to have you. The world is a better place because of people like you. Here's to you inspiring the slumbering literary spirit within me.
To Neva like Geneva. :-) So sweet and so resilient. The hurricane survivor! Thanks for helping me with my site, and for being such a great bloggy friend. :-) Here's to YOU!
Now it's your turn!
Choose a prompt, post it on your blog, and visit Mama Kat and sign Mr. Linky. Be sure to sign up with the actual post URL and not just your basic blog URL (click on the title of your post for that URL). For good comment karma try to comment on the three blogs above your name!!
The Prompts:
1.) What's cooking in YOUR crockpot?
2.) Find your one very favorite picture of Summer and write a poem about it.
3.) Pay tribute to a favorite blogger!
4.) When I look in the mirror...
5.) The top ten things I'd rather be doing than having sex with David Letterman




13 comments:
Aaaww, thanks! That was sweet.
And adding in one cup of caffeine a day won't hurt the baby girl...THE WOMANLY ART OF BREASTFEEDING, page 225, states that the amount of caffeine in five or fewer five-ounce cups of coffee (less than 750 ml) will not cause a problem for most mothers and babies.
Hope that helps...
You are great! Thank you so very much! This really means a lot to me! I love reading your blog as well! :)
You made my day! Thank you so very much. It's crazy how much I love my bloggy friends. I'm very lucky to have come across you.
This is such a great post and a wonderful tribute to some fabulous bloggers!!
I love the blogs you chose. This is a lovely tribute to some amazing women.
Have I told you recently how AWESOME you are? Well, you must know it, galfriend. Thanks for the nod. Don't know if I can live up to the accolades, but I'll try...
Thank you so much for including me in this list of great blogs. I'm really touched by what you wrote about me. And I want you to know that I'm really glad our paths have crossed. I think you are an awesome mom, a very caring woman and a talented, talented writer. Kudos go right back to you :)
xoxo
and ps, if you need help, just yell :)
Saw you while visiting Yaya. Stopped by to visit. Have a great weekend.
Great list of bloggers!
...stopping by from SITS...
I love the name of your blog!
Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge
pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com
i'll have to check them out. I love the name of your blog
thanks for visiting me on my special sits day, I hope you had time to enter my giveaways!
See you soon, The Buzz Brandy
Go Dumb Mom, it's your birthday, it's your birthday, it's your birthday (actually, it better not be my birthday again already, I'm so not ready to move up another year into my 30's, I'm still not over my 20s yet!). And, in case you couldn't tell by my mini tribute to Luke I used to do a lil somethin' somethin' on the dance floor in my day. A little somethin' I plan to reenact next week in Vegas and if I'm lucky I won't find myself passed out in a bar with a janitor sweeping around me (not 'cause I'm drunk, but because I stayed up WAY passed my bed time). Thanks for the honor, I totally appreciate it. And, I'm hoping to find myself on your island one day so maybe we will be friends:).
Post a Comment