Last week something exciting happened to me...
I became a Macaroni Kid mama!
What's Macaroni Kid about, you ask?
Well, it's really exciting... It's a group of moms who come together on one site MacaroniKid.com and we blog for an increasingly large audience and publish all sorts of events and activities that are kid- and family-friendly! Each of us seeks out activities in our area that we think our fellow moms would want to know about and put it into our MK Newsletter.
So whether you're looking for activities to get the kids out of the house or craft ideas to keep them occupied while indoors, whether you're looking for activities close to you, or family-friendly fun when visiting a new town, look no further than MacaroniKid.com - for moms, by moms.
Nicki and Joyce have been doing this themselves for ages, but they founded Macaroni Kid and opened it up to fellow moms just last year, and already they've been featured on BNET.com.
They are 100% supportive and I have to say I am having a great time getting this going. Check my first newsletter out - http://trinidad.macaronikid.com.
Moms can download and print schedules of the week's activities and top picks, and feel good knowing that they've found the best activities in their neighbourhood, and that these activities are themselves recommended by a fellow local mom. This week I published one of my favourite pieces I've written, and I'm curious to see what discussion it sparks. Did I mention each blog/city has its own forum? Pretty cool huh.
Don't see your town? Maybe you should consider becoming a Macaroni Kid mom! For more information email Nicki at nicki {at} macaronikid.com and tell her Trinidad sent you!
***************
In other announcements! My mother is soooo talented!
Ok, she would never say that about herself, and she's probably blushing right now! But let's let you be the judge...
This is a photo of my cousin's daughter. My mom did a digital painting of the photo (bottom right) and created the masterpiece on the left. Painted, people. Like brushstrokes and dipping into colour pots... Just using your mouse pointer instead of a paintbrush!
How talented is this woman?!
After years and years of encouragement, she's finally taken the leap of faith and started her own little business (this month!).
She does photography (bridal, portraits, etc) and she does wonders with photographs and images like that little number up there.
If you're interested in her doing some work based on your photos for you, or if you're in the Columbus/Tupelo region of Mississippi and want some photography done, email me at
whendidibecomemymom {at} gmail {dot} com
and I'll send you all her contact details so you can talk business. :-)And even if you're not looking to hire her, leave her a comment below letting her know what you think about her work. I think she thinks I'm just saying it cos I'm her daughter... ;-)






