/*NSG-M2*/ /*NSG-M2*/

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sundays in My City - Harmony with Nature

Welcome to Sundays in My City hosted by Unknown Mami.
Each Sunday we get together and share photos from around our towns. We get to travel the world in pictures - all in one day!

Today I'm taking you on a tour around both islands - Trinidad and Tobago - showing you some of my favourite places.

We'll start in the suburbs of the capital city Port of Spain, on the island of Trinidad. Here in Cascade, residents live in the peaceful river valley 2 mins away from the hustle and bustle of "downtown".


Heading to Tobago, we visit Footprints Eco Resort near the town of Plymouth. Here you can be a part of the natural environment, enjoying the greenery, the birds, and the peace and tranquility of the rainforest, with the sound of waves crashing on the rocks in the distance. Heavenly.
In the shadow of the rainforest on the hills above

Closer to the sea

Sea and Sand - Culloden Bay

Next to travel to the international airport in Tobago, and stop at the beach footsteps away (5 min walk from airport). This is Store Bay.

Heading back to Trinidad, we venture slightly offshore to one of the small islands off the tip of the Northwestern peninsula - Monos island. Monos (spanish for monkeys) is named after the Red Howler monkeys indigenous to the area.
My own little monkeys at peace

Hope you enjoyed my little tour! Check out more Sunday photos here:

Unknown Mami

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I like all of the pictures but especially the last one with your little monkeys! How cute are they? What a beautiful place to live! So lovely!

La Belle Mere said...

I am very jealous now. Why do some people get to living in Trinidad and Tobago, and others have to live in rainy England. See my blog today for my Sundays In My City piece. I'm moving to T&T!!

At least now I know who my site visitor in Trinidad and Tobago is now!!! (I've been Google Analytics Stalking again!!!)

LBM xxxx

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

I've heard it's a beautiful place. I've always wanted to go there, since I've heard great things about it.

THanks for sharing those pictures!

Sonya said...

Wow those are beautiful photos!! I would love to stay in one of those huts so close to the water..heavenly! Have a wonderful sunday!!!

Helen McGinn said...

Oh, how lovely. The last one was my favourite! x

Teresa @ ♥ Too Many Heartbeats ♥ said...

Wow, those are some amazing photos. You live in an incredible place!

Hi, I'm stopping by from SITS, just to show some comment love!

I hope the rest of your weekend is absolutely wonderful.

Have a wonderful day!

Blessings,

Teresa <><

robin said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea this is where you live!
Lucky girl! It's gorgeous there! :)

Nicole @ WhenDidIBecomeMyMom.com said...

Thanks ladies! Yes it is beautiful, unfortunately crime is on the increase to frightening levels on the main island. Tobago is still largely unspoilt and the hospitality and beauty of the people and natural surroundings is really something to be seen.

Claudya Martinez said...

Your monkeys on the beach are awesome! I loved this tour. You are surrounded by so much beauty.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Thanks for the tour! It looks like paradise!
xo

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

found your blog via RAISING MY 4 SONS. love it. come check me out and if you decide to follow, i'll be sure to return the favor.

ymK said...

Those are beautiful pics. I love the one with your two monkeys, looks so peaceful.
This place is beautiful and making me a little jealous.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails