Well, I haven't resurrected the Flip yet. For those of you reading this who don't know about my passion for my Flip, check this post "Baby Steps" to get caught up. I am so mad. But I haven't given up on it yet. I am however going to have to use my lame-o camera phone to pretend tomorrow is the first day of school, and take my First Day Back pictures.
Not that I've given up on the stupid Flip. I can be stubborn (sometimes). :-)
I need to stop calling it stupid or else it won't ever work for me again.
And I should probably have some compassion cos 2 years is probably long in original-Flip years.
So anyway, no Back to School pictures in their nice new uniforms. And when I was reading all your back to school posts last week and sympathizing, well of course I felt that the boys are Big now (they're 8 and 6) so I have no qualms about them heading back to school. Until the morning of.
The drive to school was really tough. T-O-U-G-H. Little man is very attached to me and has great difficulty processing emotions. Since I wasn't working yet, he got to spend lots of time at home with me. By choice incidentally, since we were still sending them to camp as usual. Except he would choose to stay home with me most days. So of course, he whispers to me "Can I go to work with you today?"
How much does that tug on your heartstrings?! So here I am all prepared for them to go back to school, and then he pulls this on me. I really wish I could have kept him home with me, but I know that's just prolonging the inevitable.
Big son didn't help, although he tried to be brave, especially realizing I had my hands full with his brother. Until he tells me very bravely. "I'm going to miss you today." Oh hon. I miss you all the time when I'm away from you.
I am going to spare you the details of the separation on the school compound, but let's just say there were little boy tears and I had to enlist a teacher I love to shepherd Little Man away. She's always known I'm a Wuss.
Tonight they're all sleeping in Mummy and Daddy's bedroom. Big bed, mattresses, sleeping bags, crib... It's crowded but happy. What the hell am I going to do when they go off to college?












