/*NSG-M2*/ /*NSG-M2*/

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sundays In My City - QP Oval

Welcome to Sundays in My City hosted by Unknown Mami. Join her each Sunday as we take a tour around the world... in pictures.

Last week, I took you on a tour around The Savannah, and today we're going to go just a short distance away to the Queen's Park Oval.

D Oval as it is affectionately known is the largest local venue for Cricket. Here teams from around the world come to face off against Trinidad and Tobago individually, or against T&T as part of the West Indies team in matches. Long famous as a local landmark, a decision was taken to display pieces of art from local artists as a sort of mural on the external walls.

I hope you enjoy.


















Now go stop by Unknown Mami for more of Sunday in My City.
Unknown Mami

11 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Gorgeous murals, hard to pick just one to love. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Theta Mom said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures! BTW, adorable new blog design! :)

Nicole @ WhenDidIBecomeMyMom.com said...

Thanks ladies!

JHS said...

Am putting it on my "to do" list when I get to visit your part of the country. Beautiful!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Wow, those paintings are stunning! thanks for sharing your City.
xo

Liz Mays said...

Those are murals? Wow, fantastic! I think my favorite is the very first one. :)

Eve said...

Those are beautiful!
Cricket? Sounds like a fun place!

Claudya Martinez said...

I really love the last image. It's just beautiful!

brainella said...

What gorgeous murals -- that last one especially. What a neat place.

Anonymous said...

Dear Author www.when-did-i-become-my-mom.com !
Excuse, that I interfere, there is an offer to go on other way.

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails