Today the birds sing just outside my door. The morning is bright and fresh and full of promise.
I watch over you, your sleep restful at last, your deep and easy breathing telling me that the worst is now past.
Today, I can begin to step back, no longer required to keep constant vigil.
Neglected responsibilities begin to drift into the focus of my mind's eye. Quietly, one by one, I acknowledge them... arranging them into an orderly row. Their time will come, though not just yet.
I am distracted by the return of your smile. Not enfeebled by medicines or pain, but the kind that lights you up from within. And with it comes your voice, happily recalling favourite playthings.
Today is a start, for although you are brave, a mother sees... you resting your head in fatigue after creeping two steps. Your spirit is willing, but your body... still so weak. A cough racks your body. My work is not yet done.
But I still hold in gratitude... Today.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
So glad that the sickness is almost over!
So sorry that I haven't been by before today!
I'm so sorry to hear your little one is sick, but it sounds like it's on its way out? I hope so and I'll pray for just that!
I'm sorry to hear your baby girl is so sick - I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Thanks for stopping by to say hello today on my blog! Have a great rest of the week and try to get some rest. Big hugs! :O)
Sickness is no full. Cheers to a get well soon little one.
Give each other a big kiss and hug for me! So very happy to hear that the worst is over.
Thanks God she is feeling better.
This is so wonderfully written. So tender. I feel like I'm seeing through your eyes. ~ MJB
gladyou are having the chance to exhale even for a little bit at this point. Hope these exhale moments keep coming your way!
xoxo
Post a Comment